The Genealogy & Local History Annex is temporarily located at on the lower level of the Old National Bank at 129 East Main Cross Street in Greenville. Our hours are as follows:
Monday – Thursday 8:30-4 p.m.
Friday 8:30 – 6 p.m. (Closed for lunch 12 p.m.-1 p.m.)
Some items are currently in storage while we renovate our library buildings. We strongly recommend that patrons call before visiting to make sure the items they need are accessible. Resources in storage may be retrieved for patrons who contact us prior to visiting and request those items. Please allow at least one week for items to be retrieved from storage.
- Leader-News and Times-Argus newspapers on Microfilm (1934 to the present plus 1926 -1927 Central City Argus microfilm)
- Extensive collection of family genealogy books and local county history and genealogy materials
- Significant collection of other counties’ history and genealogy books and including other states
- Access to Ancestry.com with helpful assistance from knowledgeable staff
- Sizable collection of local high school yearbooks
- Detailed Sanborn maps of Greenville and Central City
- Extensive vertical files containing family records, research notes, newspaper clippings and pamphlets pertaining to towns, businesses and citizens of the area
- Church histories including clippings and photographs
- Cemetery records
- Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, World War I & World War II Info
- Kentucky Death Certificates (1911 – 1961)
- Public access computer for genealogical research
- Births/Deaths Information for Kentucky (1911 – 1999) on CD-ROM
- Muhlenberg County Historical Photographs CD for sale at the Annex
Research service is available for out-of-county residents for a fee of $20 per hour ($5 minimum), plus copies and postage charges.
Annex staff will also answer inquiries by phone or email. Call (270) 338-4760 for more information.