The Genealogy & Local History Annex is temporarily closed as we complete renovations and move to a new location on the lower level of Thistle Cottage.
We cannot welcome patrons into our facility at this time, but we may be able to answer some questions during our renovation process. Please email us with questions using our Contact Us page. Our collection is in storage temporarily while we renovate, but some items may be retrieved upon request. Please allow at least two weeks for items to be retrieved from storage.
Thank you for your patience as we complete these renovations to better serve our patrons!
- Leader-News and Times-Argus newspapers on Microfilm (1934 to the present plus 1926 -1927 Central City Argus microfilm)
- Extensive collection of family genealogy books and local county history and genealogy materials
- Significant collection of other counties’ history and genealogy books and including other states
- Access to Ancestry.com with helpful assistance from knowledgeable staff
- Sizable collection of local high school yearbooks
- Detailed Sanborn maps of Greenville and Central City
- Extensive vertical files containing family records, research notes, newspaper clippings and pamphlets pertaining to towns, businesses and citizens of the area
- Church histories including clippings and photographs
- Cemetery records
- Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, World War I & World War II Info
- Kentucky Death Certificates (1911 – 1961)
- Public access computer for genealogical research
- Births/Deaths Information for Kentucky (1911 – 1999) on CD-ROM
Research service is available for out-of-county residents for a fee of $20 per hour ($5 minimum), plus copies and postage charges.
Staff will also answer inquiries by phone or email. Call (270) 338-4760 for more information.