Hours & Information
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday - 9 am to 7 pm
Wednesday & Friday - 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday - 9 am to 1 pm
1. When signing up for a library card, be aware that you agreed to apply for the right to use Muhlenberg County Public Libraries and will abide by its rules and pay fines or damages charged and give prompt notice of any change of address.
2. If you need assistance, please ask at the circulation desk. If you do not find specific topics, authors, genres or titles in which you are interested, please ask for assistance.
3. Children and adults who cannot or will not act in a socially acceptable manner may be denied use of the library and its facilities and services. This includes being disruptive, disorderly, harassing patrons and/or staff or otherwise interfering with any persons comfort or safety.
4. Persons under the influence of, consuming or possessing alcohol or illegal substances are not allowed in the library. Law enforcement will be called immediately.
5. Firearms or other weapons should only be on the persons of law enforcement officers.
6. Bathing, washing clothes, panhandling and sleeping are unacceptable activities in the library.
7. Each library location has only one voice line per building, so the following limits apply to the use of the telephone: local calls only, emergency or specific information only,
limit calls to one minute; one call per visit. In-coming calls are not accepted for patrons unless a clear emergency exists.
8. Public access computers may be used only if you have signed an electronic agreement and checked in at the desk with your library card or visitor privileges.
9. Please limit OPAC (on-line public access) use for searching the catalog of the libraries' holdings to 10-minute increments so that others may have an opportunity. The computers on which the catalog are accessed are available only for that purpose.
10. Refrain from striking keyboards or other equipment excessively or in any way defacing or abusing library property.
11. Please refrain from using profanity or telling off-color anecdotes in the public areas.
12. Please do not take food or drinks into the shelving areas. These are acceptable (i.e. soft drinks, snacks) at study tables away from computers. Smoking is prohibited in the public access areas of the libraries including restrooms.
13. Skates and skateboards are prohibited on library property.
14. The libraries cannot act as a delivery and pick-up service between individuals or individuals and non-library businesses.
15. As a courtesy to others and to prevent confusion with library telecommunications equipment, please turnoff and refrain from using auditory cell telephones while in the building.
16. Meeting rooms and rear entrances are only for scheduled events or pre-arrangement access.
17. The library is not able to act as a child care facility. Children left without supervision will be referred to Social Services or other authorities.
18. Only animals needed for assisted living are permitted on the library premises.