We’ve missed all our patrons terribly! We’re so excited to welcome everyone back into the libraries.
Even as we re-open to the public, we are still going to be operating a little differently than we did before the COVID-19 pandemic, so before you visit, you should be aware of some of these changes. Check out the list below for some of the changes you may notice:
- Both libraries (Harbin Memorial and Central City) will be open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. only. Curbside service will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment. 24 hours’ notice is required for curbside pickup to allow staff ample time to pull and prepare orders.
- Thistle Cottage will remain closed to the public at this time.
- Masks are required for all staff and visitors. Please also practice proper social distancing to ensure the safety of all our community members.
- We will be following strict occupancy limits in our buildings to encourage social distancing. This could lead to a short wait to enter the building at peak visiting times.
- In order to reduce waiting time for patrons, we are asking visitors to limit their time in the building as much as possible so we can accommodate more patrons. We want everyone to have ample time to meet their needs, but we also want to allow everyone the opportunity to come in and utilize our services.
- Public computers will be limited to allow for proper social distancing needs. Computers and other high-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently.
- Time limited will be unforced for public computer access to allow everyone ample access. Computer use will be limited to one hour per person. If you have an urgent need to use a computer for more than one hour, such as for online testing purposes, please notify library staff.
- Staff will be unable to assist patrons on public computers. We will be posting video tutorials on our social media and YouTube channel to alleviate this need.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations throughout our buildings, and we encourage visitors to wash their hands or use sanitizer frequently while visiting our libraries. We will require the use of hand sanitizer before using public computers or copy machines.
- Seating will be limited in the building.
- Magazines, children’s toys and drink stations are unavailable at this time.
- Staff will not accept returned items at the desk. Items may be returned only through the drop boxes outside both buildings.
- Returned items will be quarantined for at least 3 days and then will be cleaned thoroughly before they are replaced on the shelves for checkout again. Items will not be removed from your patron account until after the quarantine period is complete, but no late fees will be accrued during the quarantine period for items returned during this time.
- It is more crucial than ever that patrons do NOT reshelve items. Staff must clean and/or quarantine all items handled by patrons. Any items touched by patrons should be placed in the baskets located throughout the stacks, even if you only removed the item from the shelf briefly. Please help us ensure our community’s health by placing any items you have touched in these baskets.
- We will not offer in-person programming at this time, but we will continue to provide videos and other remote programming options as much as possible.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the loss of library privileges or even force us to close our buildings to the public once more.
These guidelines, as well as our reopening date, are subject to change based on community infection rates and recommendations from health and safety officials.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and assistance during this time as we work to continue serving our community while keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Follow us on social media for more updates!